We at MIT seek to build a tighter-knit women in robotics community across departments at the Institute. This is open to all female-identifying graduate students, post-docs, faculty etc. roboticists affiliated with MIT.
The idea is to create a discussion space and to organize future events. For example, have you ever wanted to ask the following?
- Here's a cool fellowship opportunity!
- Anyone traveling to conference X and want to room together?
- Can anyone help me with specific topic X?
- I’d like a safe space to rant about awful thing X.
- Could someone give feedback on a paper?
Subscribe to the list here (http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/women-in-robotics). Membership to the list is moderated.
Recent events include Women in Robotics lunches with speakers from the Robotics@MIT Seminar, a casual hangout at the Muddy and a bowling night! We are looking forward to continuing these types of events as well as engaging in outreach within the community.